BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fate

There is so much about my fate that I cannot control but other things do fall under the jurisdiction I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with whom I share my body and life and money and energy with I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I’m going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life whether I will see them as curses or opportunities I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all I can choose my thoughts.

I love this quote because there is so little we can control, but we can control our reaction to it. I have a tendency to laugh and make serious inappropriate jokes under dire circumstances. I have to say I was at my funniest when Pat had cancer. You dont think Cancer is funny? Well it was for a couple of weeks in 1993. The jokes were great, we laughed and we cried. Laughing is a deep release of emotion and I believe that it is healthier than crying.

I cry too. All the time. And I still make sick jokes. Even when Pat had a heart attack incident a few months ago. We laughed and freaked out.

Its what we do. And it makes life just a little easier to take.

I am going to need some laughter the next few weeks as I wait for various test results.

Did you hear the one about the rabbi the priest and the poodle...

Me either, but if you have a good joke please send it my way.

OK Thanks.

0 comments: